Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve!

What's going on guys? I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday with their families and want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas. Tonight, every one will be dreaming of what they will get from Santa in the morning, but for us hockey fans, the dreams of an NHL season might have to stay a dream.

Anyway, today I have a couple of hockey concepts as well as my first baseball concept for the blog! As well as a new layout for my concepts. The blog is still going to be mostly hockey concepts but as I've said for a while, I want to incorporate more sports into the mix. So here's to another year for SMC!

Now, onto the concepts...


Over the summer, the UConn Huskies men's hockey team announced that they will be joining Hockey East in 2014 and play games at the XL Center (Formerly the Hartford Civic Center). And being from Connecticut, this is really exciting news! Seeing that Hartford's professional hockey future is in serious doubt with the CT Whale's lease being up at the end of this season as well as AEG's agreement to run the building. Anyway, the Huskies introduced these uniforms a few years ago for an anniversary season and I made some minor modifications.

The Peterborough Petes are one of the most iconic teams in the CHL/OHL. Their uniforms now are similar to those that the Colorado Avalanche wear, but here, I returned them to the style they had before they switched to the Edge system.

Now here is my first baseball concept on the blog...This is a Sandy Hook Elementary tribute jersey concept for the New Britain Rock Cats of the Eastern League (AA), my home town team. It features Sandy Hook's school colors, the Town of Newtown, CT seal as well as the names of the twenty-six victims. Here's a close up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I've got for today. Also, Ryan from HockeyJerseyConcepts.com announced yesterday that he will be taking a hiatus from the blog for the rest of 2012 since Blogger bots thought HJC was a spam blog.

I doubt I'll get another post done before the new year but in case I don't, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment