Monday, September 2, 2013

New Wild Jersey Review & My Sharks Fix



Photo: Minnesota Wild
Yesterday, after about a week of releasing teaser images, the Minnesota Wild finally unveiled their long awaited new road threads! My first reaction to the jersey was "YES!!!". I have ZERO complaints about this jersey! Everything about is screams hockey and very traditional, which I like, and modern at the same time. Also a good move by the Wild using true white as opposed to the wheat or "vintage white" that's used on their 3rd jersey. The square yoke fits perfectly and the use of their circle logo as a shoulder patch is great! It's better suited as a shoulder patch in my opinion. This jersey easily ranks up to one of my favorite in the league!

So after the unveiling, I'm sure a lot of Wild fans and most of us, if not all, jersey geeks thought about the Wild promoting their third jersey as their primary home jersey. I for one think it would be a great idea, but the exact jersey used now isn't exactly strong enough to match up with the new white jersey as a home jersey in my honest opinion. So I made a quick mockup of the changes I would make to bring it up to par.

The first big change right off the bat is the change from the wheat white in favor of true white. I just makes the jersey look cleaner. The second change is the addition of red to the collar & numbers to match the new road jersey. it's just enough red to contrast with the green but not overdoing it. I have also removed the wordmark in favor of the their primary logo as well as adding the shoulder patches and also switching the template to the same one used for the road jersey. I've also narrowed the thick stripes a little.

So as I've said, the Wild's new road jersey is definitely one of my favorite jerseys in the NHL..
------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the last post, albeit a hectic one, I reviewed the San Jose Sharks' new jerseys. Now here's how i would go about fixing them to make them more appealing..

Look, hem stripes! how hard was it to add them? They really don't add an more weight to the jersey which is why they eliminated them.. I've also fully removed orange from the jersey. Either have both orange stripes, or none at all! I know a lot of you are gonna hate me for keeping the chest number, but I actually like them. On a Sharks jersey that is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I've got for today's post! Hope you enjoyed it!

-Scott
 


2 comments:

  1. Love both of your concepts in this one. It'd be even better if the Sharks one would be rid of the chest numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Wild concept, but the white just isn't working for me. I'd love to see it with the wheat instead, but keep everything else as is. The red numbers look good here too.

    ReplyDelete