Thursday, June 6, 2013

Reviewing the Canes' & Stars


What' happening guys?

Well, a few days ago we saw two teams unveil new threads for next season and for us jersey/logo buffs, it's been a long wait. The last time a new uniform in the NHL was unveiled was two years ago when the Nashville Predators and the newly relocated Winnipeg Jets unveiled their own looks. So today I'm going to give my thoughts on both Carolina's and Dallas' new threads!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


(From Sportslogos.net)
 I'll start off with the Hurricanes' new uniforms. To be honest, I had a tough time picking out things that I like about them. What I do like is that they went with a more traditional look. But now starts the long list of whit I don't like about them...

The biggest thing I don't like is that home uniform practically has no black (other than the collar/ number/name outlines) compared to the road. It just doesn't balance well in my eyes.
(From Sportslogos.net)

 I also hate that they have two different collars. Either have both jerseys have laces or don't have them at all! I also feel that They feel empty without the shoulder patches..

The name-bar inside the shoulder yoke on the road jersey kinda bothers me. Maybe it's because it's new to the NHL or maybe it's because it's a Nike thing.

So overall, I , along with many others, think they could have done more with these jersey designs. There are things that can be improved on, and things that shouldn't have happened.

Now, my thoughts on Dallas' new uniforms...

(From icethetics.info)
Unlike Carolina's new uniforms, I really couldn't find anything  that I don't like about the Stars' new uniforms! I think they could have added a black outline to the player name/numbers, but other than that, they're fantastic!

From the shade of green used, the traditional look, the logos and even the new template, the Stars' hit the ball out of the park on these! 
(From icethetics.info)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So all in all, for both teams there were some things that I like, and some things that I don't like. From the sound of it, this is only the beginning for new uniforms around the NHL and there have been a few in the AHL as well!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 EDIT

I also got around to mocking up the Stars' number font and jersey template which are free for any of you to use!





EDIT #2:

Here are the Hurricanes new numbers!



-Scott

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, glad to finally see someone has the new Stars font and numbers. Are you planning on mocking up the new 'Canes font and numbers as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Canes arm numbers are missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. I will try to update it sometime soon, if not later today...

      Delete